Friday, May 25, 2018

Jade Top

Jade Top by Made By Rae



Jade is a fitted top with negative ease....that means it is supposed to be a tight fit.  I love the shape of this top on Rae but since I'm not shaped quite like she is,  I decided to make a 2x at the shoulder and a 3x along the sides. 




I wear a size 20 and to be honest, this was still tighter around the middle than I am comfortable wearing in public. I decided to "kick out" the side seam a bit more starting where the line is to shorten or lengthen the pattern. I added a 1 3/4" to the side on the front and the back. This adds a total of 5-6" when you sew your side seams. Not everyone is as self conscious as I am and you may not feel he need to add the extra ease but if you do, it is an easy adjustment.  


No comments:

Post a Comment