Thursday, July 10, 2014

Stitch That Stash

Stitch that Stash 
                   When I needed to pick a block for a swap I am in, I knew I had to do this block.
I have been obsessed with Churn Dashes lately! I love them in all sizes....from itty bitty 2 1/4 in blocks that I made into a cute pin cushion,
and these AWESOME stripy ones from Sassafras Lane



 Here is what I am aiming for...... 


Blocks will finish at 9 inches (9 1/2 unfinished) 
 Pick any bright rainbow-y kind of color you want and pair it with Kona white. 
You will need :
Background                                                             Color 
2 - 4 x 4                                                                  2 - 4 x 4
4 - 3 1/2 x 2   (or 1 - 2 x 14 1/2)                             4 - 3 1/2 x 2  (or 1 - 2 x 14 1/2)
1- 3 1/2 x 3 1/2

Seams are 1/4 inch unless otherwise noted 



Mark the wrong side of the 2 - 4 x 4 from corner to corner. Pair each background fabric with a 4 x 4 color.


Sew a scant 1/4 inch on either side of the line marked. Cut apart on the line. Press towards the background fabric. Trim each half square to measure 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 





Sew the 2 - 14 1/2 in strips together.  Subcut into 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 squares (or sew each 3 1/2 x 2 background to each color 3 1/2 x 2)  Press towards the background fabric

 Lay out your pieces as shown and sew together with 1/4 inch seam allowance


 I pressed the center row towards the center and the top and bottom away from the center. 



I hope you fall in love with Churn Dashes too!
Karie











No comments:

Post a Comment